Friday, March 9, 2012

Leaving on a Jetplane: Magic Kingdom

Well, well, well. Lucky you! You get more than one post a day today! Although I did prewrite a couple posts for you, I decided that I wanted to give a couple little updates on how our trip is going so far- not just for you but for me as well. I didn't bring much of a travel journal, so I thought an online journal would be a good substitute.

Our trip down was fairly uneventful, though we were last at just about everything possible! Our gate to fly out was the last one down the hall, the shuttle we took to get onto the Disney lot was parked in the spot furthest away from us, and our bus stop was even the last one on the route!

We finally got to our cabin - that's right, a cabin, and it's kind of cool. It's just like a cabin you'd see around where I live. My boyfriend and I are in one room with him on a bed you pull down from the wall, and I'm on the couch, with all the blankets of a normal bed, just long enough to be comfort for me. The rest of my family is in the bunk room with my parents sleeping in bunk beds and my younger brother in the double bed.

The only complaint I would have about the first night was that it was freezing, though we left the air conditioner on all night, so it was our own fault.

The next morning we woke up, ready to head over to the Magic Kingdom. Once we got there, the first thing we did was not to actually go on a ride, but to play this scavenger hunt/Pokemon game, where you get a pack of playing cards and another card with a key on it, that you use to open 'portals'. The other cards are used to cast spells and fight villains. Cornelius and my brother were really the only ones that played it, and they looked really nerdy doing it!

Apparently some people really get into the game, because we saw some people with binders full of cards and there was even one man with a scooter that we saw at different portals the entire day, playing and coaching others.

We didn't want to spend our entire day doing that, though, and instead went on almost all the rides we could get on, from the story rides like Winnie the Pooh, and faster rides like Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. We got insanely wet on Slash Mountain! I don't think I've ever gotten that wet on that ride before!

Another of the more exciting events of the evening was when we went to Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, which you'll know if you follow me on twitter. Cornelius has a very 'punny' sense of humor, and when we saw that you could send jokes in to be used in the show, he jumped on the opportunity, and sent one joke from my phone and another from his. One of them actually ended up getting used, too, and it went something like this:



What did the buffalo say to his son when he went off to college?

Bi-son!

So, we were pretty excited about that. It ended up being a pretty full day, but it was a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment