Friday, February 24, 2012

Out on the Town: Section Swim Meet


I just got back to the motel we're staying at from the first day of my brother's last section swim meet, and I'm really excited to watch him tomorrow.  He's in the finals for three of his events - 200 Medley Relay, 100 Freestyle, and 200 Freestyle Relay - and in the consolation round for another - the 50 Freestyle.

Last year, he was able to go to the State swim meet in all four of his events, which he could still do, but it'll be tough.  His races are incredibly difficult, because they are so short and so every bit of his race counts, from the start, the turns, and even the finish.

I didn't really have to worry about all of that quite as much when I was in swimming, because I was more of a distance swimmer.  For most of my races, I knew what place I was going to get well before the last lap.  That makes his races really stressful, but very exciting to watch!

I'm not sure if any of you are particularly interested in swimming or not, but I'll probably post his results up here tomorrow, and I'll also give occasional updates via Twitter during the meet.  If you would like these updates, you can follow me on twitter @carrieandclaus!

No comments:

Post a Comment