Monday, April 2, 2012

Manicure on Monday: Easter Egg Accent

Although I love doing my nails, I don't usually get too terribly fancy with them.  Usually, I stick to one color, and one color alone.  However, I was lying in bed one morning, when I thought that it would be really fun to do something fun on my nails for Easter.  I decided that I could stretch myself enough to do an accent nail, and maybe try my hand at a little nail art on that chosen nail.  Finally, I decided on the design you see on the left.

I stayed pretty simple, using my new favorite Essie polish,  Ballet Slippers, which I've talked about in a previous post, on most of my nails, but then had fun on my ring finger.  I painted that one completely white, and then used a toothpick and some other colors I had lying around to make a couple fun designs on it.  It was almost like dyeing my own Easter egg!  I love the way it turned out, and the fact that it is only those two accent nails that are very bright is actually very appealing to me. I can definitely see myself doing this for future holidays!

All of the polishes I used are from Essie, and I have provided the links below.

Instructions

  • Apply 1-2 coats of Ballet Slippers to all fingers but the ring finger until color is opaque.
  • Apply 1-2 coats of Blanc to both ring fingers until color is opaque.
  • Using a toothpick or other nail art tool, apply a zigzag line across the center of the ring finger with Beach Bum Blu.
  • Directly beneath the zigzag, draw another, this time in Trophy Wife.
  • Draw little pink polka dots in between each peak and valley using Mob Square
  • Finally, draw a couple wavy lines above and below the rest of the design using Turquoise and Caicos to complete the pattern I'm wearing.
  • Finish with a top coat, and you're done!

  • Change up the colors and egg pattern for a more personalized look! I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial, and please let me know if you'd like to see more! I'm trying to decide if I want this to be a weekly thing or just do them when I get an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment