I stayed pretty simple, using my new favorite Essie polish, Ballet Slippers, which I've talked about in a previous post, on most of my nails, but then had fun on my ring finger. I painted that one completely white, and then used a toothpick and some other colors I had lying around to make a couple fun designs on it. It was almost like dyeing my own Easter egg! I love the way it turned out, and the fact that it is only those two accent nails that are very bright is actually very appealing to me. I can definitely see myself doing this for future holidays!
All of the polishes I used are from Essie, and I have provided the links below.
- Apply 1-2 coats of Ballet Slippers to all fingers but the ring finger until color is opaque.
- Apply 1-2 coats of Blanc to both ring fingers until color is opaque.
- Using a toothpick or other nail art tool, apply a zigzag line across the center of the ring finger with Beach Bum Blu.
- Directly beneath the zigzag, draw another, this time in Trophy Wife.
- Draw little pink polka dots in between each peak and valley using Mob Square
- Finally, draw a couple wavy lines above and below the rest of the design using Turquoise and Caicos to complete the pattern I'm wearing.
- Finish with a top coat, and you're done!
Change up the colors and egg pattern for a more personalized look! I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial, and please let me know if you'd like to see more! I'm trying to decide if I want this to be a weekly thing or just do them when I get an idea!